8/26/2009

Annual Manual

Been working on an assignment for the Annual Manual, an... annual... manual... of Madison's favorite places and things to do. It's published online and as a magazine. In color, too, which is always a perk of seeing your work printed. I had to get used to the owners/managers of certain restaurants and cafes accommodating to me. Most times, once I'd tell an employee I was shooting for the Isthmus' Best Of, they'd try to arrange a particular dish or make the most elaborate drink possible. I knew absolutely nothing about food photography (and still don't, other than from what I read on a vegan cooking blog once--whatever, okay?) so it was challenging to act in control of the situation. Humorous, even. The magazine came out last week. Here's what it looks like online:

anman

Click to the gallery:
anman

Photoshopping a few together for the Web site's banner:
desktop

I was also asked to describe something that "got me through the assignment" to be printed along with the editors' thank you note. Of course it was the Firenze-- the dumpster-bound, bar tapeless, school combination-locked bike a friend let me borrow for the summer.

firenze

Oh, and my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment