4/28/2009

the boy and the fish

I know I've already posted a photo from the same series of moments, but I actually have some sort of point to be made here. This morning I was listening to the "judging screencasts" from last year's CPOY, and one judge made a comment about how important the right crop of a photo is. He said something along the lines of how details in photos can easily be overlooked, though cropping can illuminate them momentarily if done effectively. 

So, because I have an international relations final tomorrow, I figured it'd be a good idea to look through all of my photos since January and see if I, yes, overlooked any details. Over a large cup of coffee and vanilla-almond goji energy chunks (they don't really give you energy I don't think), I realized that I did! 
Photobucket

This was originally a vertical. In the foreground were two dead fish, similar to the one about to get his head sliced off. Identical, in fact. This photo never really stood out to me because of that-- there was no reaction/emotion/mood/whatever.

Just a nice little surprise and great distractor from reading a few chapters in a textbook. 

Am I supposed to make you think I took this deliberately? Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment