4/24/2009

Life's a struggle if you can't juggle!

Pardon the stolen (and way too sugary) post title.

I was invited to photograph the last meeting of UF's juggling club Wednesday night. By far the best club meeting I've ever been to. Right when you think it can't get any more surreal someone is walking down the hall on what look like amputated robot legs. In front of a guy with a levitating crystal ball. Next to a girl who can probably hula-hoop and sleep at the same time.

Someone even brought brownies.

A few more thoughts to come after the photos.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
One step closer to being the first bionic man. I think they're actually called velocity stilts, but I could be wrong. Also:

1. I am completely aware that I need to embed slideshows into my blog instead of posting each picture. Sorry you had to scroll through so much!

2. For some reason I liked most of the photos better in black and white despite how colorful the setting was. For a lot of them, color actually did seem to compete with the action. "Too loud," I guess, is the phrase here--something I've heard from about every photographer who answers the reliable "color or black and white?" question at any given seminar or presentation.

3. If you're part of the juggling club and reading this, how do you feel about the black and white? Also, I'm sending Scott tons more photos from the other night, including all the group shots. So you'll be getting the rest soon.


P.S. Thanks for the unicycle lessons

2 comments:

  1. these are great! by any chance,do you have any of the group as a whole? i'd love to see those! you can email me at amandabernuth@ufl.edu.

    thanks! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, amanda! i just read this comment, so i'll send those photos to you by the end of the day.

    ReplyDelete