4/08/2009

Miss Greek 2009

When I was nine, I broke my right pinky finger playing first base in softball. After having my right hand wrapped around a camera for six hours straight, I remembered that. Guess it didn't heal completely right? Good to know.

Nonetheless, pageants are so much fun to photograph. There's such a wide range of emotions in a (relatively) short amount of time. One girl will walk offstage all fussy because she thinks she messed up her piano song while another girl accidentally burns herself on hair rollers backstage. Not to mention the 600+ screaming sorority girls from the audience. Sheesh.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

As David Rosen, the event coordinator, said, "Only 364 days until the next Miss Greek."

More photos to come, probably via flickr.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.alligator.org/articles/2009/04/08/news/photo/090408_feat1.txt

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are GREAT!! i was helping one of the girls backstage, and I must say I'm blown away by these pics great job!!

    ReplyDelete